What was planned as a quiet year, with less shows and a lot of time to do things that got pushed back in the last years, turned into a whirlwind and the busiest 12 months I ever had...
Here's a quick list of everything that happened:
- My first guitar book DER GITARRENHELD was released in September.
- I started working as a freelance writer for Gitarre & Bass, germany's leading guitar magazine.
- The Razorblades played about 40 shows in Europe
- I started my own GUITAR SCHOOL and added a day at the STAGE AHEAD school to my teaching schedule
- In between I rehearsed, recorded, mixed and mastered 20 songs for the upcoming record of THE RAZORBLADES
- Apart from all the music stuff, I was booking shows, planning videos, promo activities, worked on the cover design and show poster and held a little speech at a Music Business conference ( finally I was in university!)
- To make it more fun, I fell from my mountain bike and played shows and recorded 20 tracks with a sprained wrist..ouuch...
Not too bad for a quiet year...but I won't complain.
The Gods of Rock & Roll have been good to me!
See you all next year!
I had some busy weeks with tons of stuff happening....
Ok, one thing after the other:
I'm now working for Gitarre & Bass, Germany's leading musician magazine.
My guitar book DER GITARRENHELD will be ready in September.
I'm still taking private students...check out this site GUITAR SCHOOL
THE RAZORBLADES started working on the next album. Bass and drums are done, I'll start working on guitars, vocals and crazy sounds in a few weeks...Release is scheduled for March 2016.
All the stuff that's happening doesn't mean I won't be on the road. Around 25 dates are scheduled for the fall. Check the tourdates for more info and cities...
Ok, now it's time to take a break...see you in a few days!
Off the road for four months...phew, haven't done that for a long time!
I've been working on my own Guitar School and have some open spots for private students now. Check out the new website here:
My play along book
is nearly finished and should be out by May.
The Razorblades are back on the road in April and May.
Check the tourdates here.
We're also working on the next album, which is scheduled for release in early 2016.
More news coming soon!
Ok, the year is already one month old, but you lose track, when you take a break :)
Break? You've heard right.
After 110 shows, THE RAZORBLADES stay away from the road till April.
I enjoy free weekends, seeing friends, going to concerts and other domestic entertainment.
Since hanging round all the time gets a little boring, I started rehearsing with Ralph Razorblade for the next album, put the finishing touches on my new book "Der Gitarrenheld" and work on some new ideas.
I'm also taking private students again now, so if you need some input for your guitar playing, give me a shout!
New tourdates for April and May are up now. See you then!
Getting ready for a 10 day tour in the UK with THE RAZORBLADES! It'll be a blast!